Business Data Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate candidate to make a big difference as part of a small friendly team within a rapidly growing organization. No previous regulatory experience is required as full training will be provided however we are seeking a candidate who is already proficient in Microsoft Excel including data manipulation, pivot tables and v-lookup, combined with strong analytical skills and an exceptional eye for detail.
This is a new role in our fast-growing organization. The postholder will complete important screening and identification processes for our customer base and deliver controls across all business lines as part of our regulatory obligations.
Day to day responsibilities would include:
- Validating customer database to establish Ultimate Beneficial Owners and associated persons (guarantors/directors etc)
- Adding new customers to a batch database so that they are included in the next scheduled batch screening run
- Running checks against recognised government watchlists to identify Politically Exposed Persons and potential Sanction matches, and evaluating all potential matched data using external information sources (adverse media, additional checks on Companies House disqualified directors and other sources)
- Performing Enhanced Due Diligence reviews on customers at the instruction of the Compliance Officer within the portfolio at risk-related scheduled intervals
- Providing responsive support to ensure minimum disruption to sales process/customer onboarding.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or graduate seeking mid-course placement)
- GCSE Maths, English and IT grades A-C
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel to manipulate/analyse multiple data sets
- Conscientious, punctual and able to work under own initiative once training provided
Full Time – 35 hours a week 9am to 5pm
Temporary – 12 months – please note you must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement
Please apply in the first instance by sending your CV to email@example.com