Collections & Recoveries Executive
Working with an enthusiastic and dynamic team, you will support the Collections department to minimise bad debt and mitigate business risk through discussion and negotiation with customers.
- Helping maintain and administer a portfolio of arrears cases (early, mid and late arrears) with the aim of collecting arrears payments placing accounts back into formula
- Negotiating with customers and equipment suppliers over the telephone; in person at our offices and at the customer’s/ supplier’s premises in respect of arrears/ equipment issues – in a polite, respectful manner – maintaining boundaries
- Using tact and discretion when negotiating with the customer/ supplier to maintain relations and promote a positive image of HHF
- When applicable recommend (with supporting evidence) to line manager – HHF exercising forbearance on accounts which may include rescheduling of payments; writing off charges; writing off sums owing
- Using collections experience to determine can’t pays from won’t pay cases.
- Working knowledge of our legal options should the customer not pay, and the agreement is terminated
- Good understanding of the terms and conditions of our contracts and the rights and responsibilities of the respective parties to the contract
- Understanding of the applicable law and our internal processes for the work that we do concerning but not limited to the Data Protection Act, potential breaches; Anti- Money laundering; CONC Regulations & Guidelines and HHF’s complaints procedure
- Understanding of how we treat regulated and unregulated customers according to law and the contracts signed
- Recommending termination of accounts to reporting Manager
- Being able to spot potential fraudulent customer activity such as but not limited to payment profiles; high risk kit and reporting any reasonable suspicions to a line manager
- Recommending legal action on appropriate accounts with supporting evidence gathered showing a clear route to a successful financial recovery i.e. assets.
- Working to agreed targets and deadlines
- Assisting line manager with reporting and case summaries
- Ability to draft correspondence in e mail and letter form in a polite, succinct style – distilling and summarising complex issues
- Ability to use our collection’s system (after training) together with Word and Excel.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to demonstrate success in a similar role
- Able to work in a high volume, pressured environment
- Able to demonstrate empathy, understanding and have the confidence to handle difficult customer/ supplier contact and conversations in person and over the telephone
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to actively listen
- Flexible and ability to prioritise
- Good at problem solving and willingness to suggest effective solutions
- Positive and progressive team member
Please apply in the first instance by sending your CV to email@example.com